Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Luke Hughes vs. Justin Morneau

The Twins took the finale of their 3-game series with Detroit on Sunday, 11-4, thanks in large part to two home runs hit by Australian infielder Luke Hughes. The dingers were number 5 & 6 this season which gives him more than Justin Morneau and Joe Mauer combined. (BTW: Trevor Plouffe also has six homers.)



Above is a chart from which we can compare the batting production of Hughes and Morneau. It's obvious we're getting more production from Hughes and if you tell me that Morneau has more doubles and RBIs than Hughes, I'd still tell you to have a look at the last for categories.

Also, I have to ask - Does Joe Mauer want to be a Hall of Famer? I don't think sitting on the bench complaining of sore neck is the way to get there. I think it's an insult to Harmon, Tony, Rod, Bert and the greats that came before him.